Anzahl eindeutige Datensätze: 7783009
Ausgetragene Datensätze (Opt-Out): 5142
Anzahl Mithelfer: 1261
These information are avilable in English only.
The data of this database can be used out of own applications easily to provide WLAN-based location services. For
integration into own software a shared library libwlocate is available for free that performs the full task:
So a software that uses this library just have to call one function of the shared library and gets back the
current geographic position. Please check out the file README that comes with the sources, it contains detailled information
about how this library can be used.
- accessing the local WLAN-hardware
- checking for WLAN-networks that are available
- accessing the database
- returning the current geographic position or an error code in case localisation failed
The sources of this library and all related test- and demo-applications are licensed under the terms of the GNU
Public License (GPL). They are available at SourceForge at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libwlocate/ (GIT checkout, no package download at the moment). In case of questions or
suggestions or when you have some patches or contributions please contact me via the SourceForge-project page using the related
The libwlocate shared library is available for
- Windows (requires Windows XP Service Pack 2 or newer) including a Visual C/C++ project file
- Linux including standard Makefiles.
- Android including Eclipse project data
The library can be used freely within own applications according to the terms of the GPL. Nevertheless it would be nice
when you mention me and/or the OpenWLANMap within your credits ;-)